Who We Are
The Office of Advancement is the department devoted to the strategic and integrated management of life-long relationships with stakeholders (Alumni, Companies, Foundations, Government Agencies, Staff, Students, Parents and the General Public) for the continuous development of the University of Lagos.
What We Do
- Alumni Relations – Management of the relationship between the individual alumnus and the University as well as relationships with the National Secretariat, State Branches, Chapters, Sets and other groups of University of Lagos Alumni Association. Gathering of alumni data and maintaining regular interactions between the University and the alumni as well as various alumni groups. To facilitate this, there is need for all alumni to fill or update their personal data by completing the Alumni Registration Form online.
- Gift Administration – Maintenance of regular and cordial interaction with the Donors and prospective Donors towards mutually beneficial partnerships.
- Endowment Canvassing – Soliciting for support to the University (in cash and kind) from the relevant stakeholders for the sustainable growth of the University.
- University Endowment Activities – Co-ordinating all the University’s endowment activities at Faculty and Departmental levels including College of Medicine.
- General Endowment – Soliciting for and obtaining funds from various stakeholders whether small or large, the pool of which is utilized to provide for the developmental needs of the University.
- Investment – Facilitating safe and profitable investment of funds received from benefactors to ensure that the proceeds are employed towards the various development efforts of the University.
- Endowment Scholarship Awards – Annual Scholarship Awards funded from the proceeds of the Endowment funds are given to deserving students in five categories: Outstanding Scholars (with CGPA of 4.50 and above), Indigent Students, and Physically Challenged Students, Students with Outstanding Leadership Qualities and Outstanding Sportsmen and Women.
Why We need your Support
Over the years government subvention to the Universities has been on the decline while much of Government funding is utilized for recurrent expenditure. The University consequently has to source for additional funds to take care of capital projects such as renovation of existing buildings and construction of new ones, improvement of facilities, technology, equipment etc.
What You Can Give
- Strategic Projects – such as Lecture Theatres, Block of Classrooms, Student Halls of Residence, Staff Quarters, Laboratories, libraries and Equipment, etc to improve the infrastructural facilities in the University. Click here to view ongoing Projects.
- Academic Materials –Interactive Whiteboards, Computers, Books, Journals, and other library materials.
- Prizes – Endowment for awards of prizes to the best graduating students in any area of the donor’s choice. The aim of this is to reward academic performance and promote academic excellence. Click here to view prizes
- Professorial Chairs – Endowments for the institution of Professorial Chairs to support the engagement of a Professor who will occupy the Chair and conduct relevant researches in the donor’s area of interest.
- Scholarship Awards – Donations may be for the purpose of awarding scholarships to any category of students to assist them in their pursuit of academic excellence.
- Research Grants – Donations to fund research in the donor’s area of interest. e.g. Femi Okunnu Research Grant in Property Law.
- Alumni Giving – In the spirit of giving back, alumni can support their alma mater’s developmental efforts by making regular small or large donations. Click here to Donate.
- Staff Endowment Check-Off Scheme – Staff can contribute through a structured deduction from source over a period of time. Lump sum donations are also accepted. Click Here
- Student Volunteers – Students can support by volunteering their service to the University. Click here to Volunteer.